
Greg and I made a trip up to Wichita Falls this past Fourth of July weekend to visit with one of my best friends Debbie and her family. Greg knows all about the Neely family and their importance in my life but had not had the opportunity to meet them yet. Little did I know the bonds that would be forged over the four days we visited!
I had told Greg that Luke was introverted like himself, while Aidan has never met a stranger yet. They boys had not seen me in a year so I was prepared that there might be some adjustment time. To my surprise, there was none and after what seemed like a few moments, Greg and the boys had bonded. We brought some of our Wii games and remotes with us just in case we all decided to play. Greg and Luke played most of the weekend except when we dragged them out of the house to eat and watch fireworks! Aidan loved watching them play so Debbie and I had some quality time! While my popularity with the boys didn't even come close to Greg's, I was grateful to have girl time with Debbie. We fixed up Polly's room, organized the boy's room, ran errands and went wedding dress shopping while our boys were saving the galaxy. It was a very productive weekend for all!
I had to make two collages of pictures so you can see that Debbie and I actually were there this weekend!!
We had so much fun and it served as a mini vacation from hectic Houston. Our friend and wedding photographer Kelly Trimble was generous to let us stay at their house while they are on vacation. I was sad to not be able to see them but so, so grateful for their hospitality. They have an adorable house which made the weekend pleasant as well.
After we had to say goodbyes and turn off the Wii, we headed to Shelia's house for dinner. Shelia has been another mother to me since I was eighteen and I cherish her so much. After raising her four grown children, she and Robert and now raising three more children all under the age of five! They have their hands full but it is so obvious to see how lucky Payton, London and Braiden are to have them. The kids are so happy and truly adore the Henderson family. We ate great food and watched the kids play outside. All in all, it was an amazing weekend!

I had told Greg that Luke was introverted like himself, while Aidan has never met a stranger yet. They boys had not seen me in a year so I was prepared that there might be some adjustment time. To my surprise, there was none and after what seemed like a few moments, Greg and the boys had bonded. We brought some of our Wii games and remotes with us just in case we all decided to play. Greg and Luke played most of the weekend except when we dragged them out of the house to eat and watch fireworks! Aidan loved watching them play so Debbie and I had some quality time! While my popularity with the boys didn't even come close to Greg's, I was grateful to have girl time with Debbie. We fixed up Polly's room, organized the boy's room, ran errands and went wedding dress shopping while our boys were saving the galaxy. It was a very productive weekend for all!
I had to make two collages of pictures so you can see that Debbie and I actually were there this weekend!!
We had so much fun and it served as a mini vacation from hectic Houston. Our friend and wedding photographer Kelly Trimble was generous to let us stay at their house while they are on vacation. I was sad to not be able to see them but so, so grateful for their hospitality. They have an adorable house which made the weekend pleasant as well.
After we had to say goodbyes and turn off the Wii, we headed to Shelia's house for dinner. Shelia has been another mother to me since I was eighteen and I cherish her so much. After raising her four grown children, she and Robert and now raising three more children all under the age of five! They have their hands full but it is so obvious to see how lucky Payton, London and Braiden are to have them. The kids are so happy and truly adore the Henderson family. We ate great food and watched the kids play outside. All in all, it was an amazing weekend!



1 comments:
Oh my goodness Payton and London are so big! I'll have to show this picture to our Peyton. She still thinks of them as babies like they were when she helped you babysit that time :)
Post a Comment