Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Boys, toys, and Betty
Recently our close friends, Debbie and Dail, and their two boys, Luke and Aidan came to Houston for a visit and mini vacation. Greg and I took some time off to show them the city and explore with them. In four days we went to the Houston Space Center, Kemah Boardwalk, The Museum of Natural History, The Downtown Aquarium, Galveston Beach, The Houston Zoo, The US Coast Guard Station and the Krauss house! My dad had given Luke and Aidan some Star Wars toys that he has had forever. Every morning when they woke up and at night before they went to sleep, they were playing with their new toys. I know it made my dad so happy to give them these and to know how excited they are about them.
"How did you find the best route to all these places?" one might ask. Well the answer is Dail's new GPS! It is really awesome but was also fun to tease Dail about. Greg sat up front with Dail everywhere we went and it kept them both entertained. I guess we never get too old to enjoy new toys.
It has been so cute to see how much the boys adore Greg. They also grew to truly love another member of our family...Tanner. Both of the Neely cats are getting older and don't play as much as they used to. The boys loved to watch Tanner play with all his toys. Dail and both our cats bonded too. It was hard on Tanner and Claudia when they left and suddenly didn't have the attention of six people!
This was our trial run at how well our house would be with house guests. I think it did well for having six people in it and still no couch or dining room table. It is nice to know that we do have the space for visitors. I love when people come and see us. I also think that Debbie and Dail will visit again. We are headed their way in October for MSU's Homecoming. I hope that we continue to make these little trips back and forth. We have so much fun together and I have really missed their company since I moved away from WF.
Thank you for coming and visiting...we had so much fun. I promise to have more seating when you come back!!
Posted by Stephanie at 12:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
We had a BLAST! My kids still talk daily about some part of our trip. :) You forgot to mention the GPS was called "Betty" after my husband's mother in law (yes my Mom) who likes a bit too much to give directions! LOL We will definitely make time to see each other frequently!
Post a Comment